Mackay Gardens & Lakeside Preserve
Mackay Gardens & Lakeside Preserve Volunteer Opportunities
Have you been wondering how you can make a significant contribution to the quality of life enjoyed by City of Lake Alfred residents? Please consider becoming a Mackayster volunteer at Mackay Gardens and Lakeside Preserve (MGLP).
There are many ways to help make this historic location a notable gathering place for residents and visitors to this area. Volunteer tasks range from something as simple as litter control along Mackay Blvd. and the hiking trails in the preserve, to garden and preserve improvements and maintenance, to assisting with the development and production of nature-related educational programs.
To learn more about these opportunities, please visit MGLP any Monday morning between 8 and 11:30 AM, or contact volunteer coordinator Cathy Butcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mackay Gardens & Lakeside Preserve Amenities
- Located at 945 Mackay Boulevard on 112 lakeside acres
- Park open from dawn to dusk daily
- Beautiful Mackay Estate residence, available for weddings and other special events, by appointment
- Nature trails and fitness trails along Mackay Boulevard
- No entrance fee
- Master Gardeners Classes University of Florida/IFAS Polk County
- Guided Tours (by appointment)
- Astronomy Nights
Please contact the City of Lake Alfred's Parks and Recreation Department at 863-291-5272 for additional information.